Filming In East Brunswick
Thank you for your interest in filming in East Brunswick!
In 2023, East Brunswick updated the township ordinance to create a welcoming, film-friendly environment. We have a film liaison that will be able to guide you through the process of filming in East Brunswick. East Brunswick has so much to offer!
The film Liaison will direct your filming inquiry/permit application to the appropriate departments before the Clerk's Office can issue a film permit. Prior to applying, we encourage you to review the Filming in East Brunswick F.A.Q. and the East Brunswick Filmmaker’s Code of Professional Responsibility. The Filmmaker’s Code will need to be submitted as part of the application.
When seeking permission to film in town, we kindly ask that you complete the permit application, that includes an overview of the project, as well as your potential filming dates and schedule, as well as other pertinent information, and submit that with the Indemnification Agreement, Proof of Insurance, and the Filmmaker’s Code. These documents should be submitted, complete, and together to Film@eastbrunswick.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Film Liaison:
- Film Liaison: Cee French Harth; Film@EastBrunswick.org
- Economic Development: Robert Zuckerman; Rzuckerman@eastbrunswick.org
- Once the Film Liaison informs you that the Township Administrator approves your filming project, you will need to pick up the permit from the East Brunswick Municipal Clerk during normal business hours at 1 Civic Center, East Brunswick.
- If additional permits or services are needed, you will be required to have proof emailed to the Film Liaison before a permit may be issued. The Film Liaison will assist you if you need to work with individual departments to apply for those permits or services. Do not, reach out to the Departments themselves. Please coordinate through the Film Liaison. More information can be found in our filming ordinance, film permit application documents, and F.A.Q.
Documents and Forms
All the documents below are PDFs, except for the Filming Request Form.
- Filming Ordinance
- Filming F.A.Q.
- Filmmaker’s Code of Professional Responsibility
- Filming Permit Application
- Indemnification Agreement
- Sample Neighborhood Notice
The State of New Jersey Motion Picture and Television Commission maintains catalogs of locations in East Brunswick that make great places to shoot and can provide resources for filming teams.
If you believe that your business or house might be great to see in a film, please reach out to the Economic Development Officer Robert Zuckerman at RZuckerman@eastbrusnwick.org
If you are interested in registering your business as a Local Production Resource, please reach out to the Economic Development Officer Robert Zuckerman at RZuckerman@eastbrusnwick.org. Examples are businesses such as caterer/food trucks, restaurants, lodging, construction supplies, car rental, office supplies, security services, dry cleaners, etc, however appropriate businesses are not limited to this list. Please reach out if you think your business might be a good fit.