Blue Delivery Program
The East Brunswick Police Department has partnered with Saker ShopRite of East Brunswick to assist in delivering food and supplies to qualified residents of East Brunswick. This program is limited to the senior community 65+ and families with special needs. This program is in response to the State of Emergency in our community.
Here is how the Blue Delivery Program works
- Call ShopRite at 732-257-7575 ext. 3901 and 3902, Jean Bartels, on Monday or Friday between the hours of 10am and 4pm. Orders CANNOT be accepted on any other day or time.
- Advise Jean you are calling for the Blue Delivery program.
- Place your order and pay for the order with a credit card (please be aware that some items (i.e. toilet paper and hand sanitizer) may not be available).
- An officer will pick up your order at ShopRite of East Brunswick and deliver the items to your home. You may be required to provide ID for proof of qualification.
The following items won’t be available with this program: Pharmacy medications, certain over the counter medicines, cigarettes, and tobacco products or any items requiring proof of ID
**This is a free program and tipping is not permitted **
Those inclined to donate to the PBA nonprofit organization, please visit PBA145.com, click on Support Us and donate using PayPal or written check to PBA Local 145, PO Box 4, East Brunswick, NJ. Please note on your donation Blue Delivery. ALL donations will be used to purchase vital supplies for our community as we continue to work together as a community during this time.
Please understand that this service is for senior citizens of the East Brunswick community who are at high risk of being infected with the Coronavirus as well as community members who have special needs that do not allow them to attend the grocery store at this time. Being considerate to these members of our community is of the utmost importance.
Defined Program Qualifications
Calls will only be accepted on Mondays and Friday between the hours of 10am and 4pm. Orders CANNOT be accepted on any other day or time.
65 and older who:
- Have no transportation (rely on public transportation) or
- have respiratory issues or
- are immunocompromised
Families of special needs:
- Physically disabled with no means of transportation
Please understand that due to supplies and manpower, we can only satisfy a limited number of request per day. If we are not able to complete your request, ShopRite also offers ShopRite at home services.
ShopRite is also offering specific check out aisle and senior citizen shopping hours. Please contact ShopRite for these details.
The East Brunswick Police Department understands that we may have some community members with unique circumstances. If you have questions on whether or not you qualify for this program, please email email@example.com.
ShopRite and the East Brunswick Police Department want to assist the community the best we can. We ask that you please be courteous to your fellow community members by utilizing this service only if you meet the above criteria.