Picnic & Field Reservations
East Brunswick Township's parks, picnic facilities, and ball fields are available by reservation. Facility usage gives those with Permits from the Recreation and Parks Department priority over general usage. It is best to reserve a park/ball field; if you do not and someone arrives with a permit/reservation, our Park Rangers will ask you to leave. Park, Ball Field, Picnic Grove, and Indoor Facility Reservations may only be completed in person at the Recreation & Parks Office or through the mail - permits are not issued over the phone.
Many of East Brunswick's ball fields are used for league play from March to October; however, when the fields are available permits are issued for use to the public. Similarly, the East Brunswick Board of Education's ball fields are scheduled for club, league, and recreation programs; limited public usage is available by permit or on a first-come, first-served basis through the Board of Education.
Park / Picnic Facilities
East Brunswick has 17 developed parks. Eight of these parks have picnic facilities and two are equipped with tables and grills; Bicentennial and Welsh. Permits are issued for the use of these parks to groups limited to 40 people.
Crystal Springs Family Aquatic Center also has picnic facilities available on a first-come, first-served basis during the operating season.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all parks.
Picnic and Ball Field reservations can be made after February 1st. Priority is given to:
- Department of Recreation and Parks activities
- Coalition of Athletic Organizations
- East Brunswick Public Schools
- Permits to the general public
Residents and non-residents can reserve these facilities with fees assessed.
Tennis/Pickleball Court Permit Process
Effective April 15, 2019:
Courts at Bicentennial Park and Community Park may be reserved via the Recreation & Parks reservation system. Reservations shall be made online, via the Recreation & Parks registration system - you may reserve and pay for court time online from your own computer or smart phone. Reservations are limited to 1 hour per person, per week and will cost $10 an hour for East Brunswick residents and $20 for non-East Brunswick residents.
Courts will be prioritized for play:
- Recreation-sponsored activities
- East Brunswick Youth Tennis Club activities
- Open Play (non-permits), 1st come – 1st served
Time limits for play when players are waiting – 1 hour per group (not 1 hour per player).
Steps to make a reservation:
- Enroll in the Recreation & Parks online system – Complete a Household Information Form to create your account online at https://registration.eastbrunswick.org or contact recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your Household has been created in the system you may secure a permit by:
- Registering and paying online through your account at https://registration.eastbrunswick.org
- Select “Search, Search Facilities, Facilities Calendar” to open the Tennis Court calendar.
- View and then select the court you wish to reserve and follow the steps to put in your cart and pay for permit
- Print your permit and email a copy to yourself
- Bring your permit with you to the park as your proof of permission.
Park Rangers may be contacted at 732-390-6900 to assist with court issues.