Picnic & Field Reservations
Online Facility Reservation Request Form
Facility Reservation Request Form (PDF)
Many of East Brunswick’s ball fields are used for league play from March to October; however, when the fields are available permits are issued for use to the public. Similarly, the East Brunswick Board of Education’s ball fields are scheduled for club, league, and recreation programs; limited public usage is available by permit or on a first-come, first-served basis through the Board of Education.
Park / Picnic Facilities
East Brunswick has 17 developed parks. Eight of these parks have picnic facilities and two are equipped with tables and grills; Bicentennial and Welsh. Permits are issued for the use of these parks to groups limited to 40 people.
Crystal Springs Family Aquatic Center also has picnic facilities available on a first-come, first-served basis during the operating season. To rent a picnic facility, or find out additional information, at Crystal Springs - please visit the website www.eastbrunswick.org/250/crystal-springs.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all parks.
Picnic, Ball Field, and Playing Court reservations can be made after February 1st. Priority is given to:
- Department of Recreation and Parks activities
- Coalition of Athletic Organizations
- East Brunswick Public Schools
- Permits to the general public
Residents and non-residents can reserve these facilities with fees assessed.
Tennis/Pickleball Court Permit Process
Effective April 15, 2019:
Courts at Bicentennial Park and Community Park may be reserved via the Recreation & Parks reservation system. Reservations shall be made online, via the Recreation & Parks registration system - you may reserve and pay for court time online from your own computer or smart phone. Reservations are limited to 1 hour per person, per week and will cost $10 an hour for East Brunswick residents and $20 for non-East Brunswick residents.
Courts will be prioritized for play:
- Recreation-sponsored activities
- East Brunswick Youth Tennis Club activities
- Open Play (non-permits), 1st come – 1st served
Time limits for play when players are waiting – 1 hour per group (not 1 hour per player).
Steps to make a reservation:
- Enroll in the Recreation & Parks online system – Complete a Household Information Form to create your account online at https://registration.eastbrunswick.org or contact recreation at email@example.com.
- Once your Household has been created in the system you may secure a permit by:
- Registering and paying online through your account at https://registration.eastbrunswick.org
- Select “Search, Search Facilities, Facilities Calendar” to open the Tennis Court calendar.
- View and then select the court you wish to reserve and follow the steps to put in your cart and pay for permit
- Print your permit and email a copy to yourself
- Bring your permit with you to the park as your proof of permission.
Park Rangers may be contacted at 732-390-6900 to assist with court issues.