Police incident and motor vehicle crash reports generally take 5 to 7 business days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays) before they are available to the public. For your convenience, we also offer Motor Vehicle Crash reports online.
Police reports will only be released upon receipt of a completed, signed Police Incident Report Request Form.
It is necessary to provide this accurate information to assist our staff in locating the report that you are requesting.
Guidelines for Available Reports
- Our focus is to locate and supply you with the police report that you are requesting.
- There may be restrictions or guidelines that apply to certain police reports.
- The New Jersey Open Public Records Act (N.J.S.A 47:1A-1) specifies which records are public records and which are confidential.
Additional Guidelines are found in New Jersey Court rules regarding courtroom discovery.
Information Not Included
Police reports that may not be available include any of the following:
- Juvenile reports
- Investigative details of police reports
- Open or ongoing investigations
- Reports pertaining to major crimes that are pending trial
Motor Vehicle Accident Reports are $0.05 per letter size page and $0.07 per legal-size page.
Investigation and Operation Reports are $0.05 per letter size page and $0.07 per legal-size page.
Additional fees may apply if mail service is requested.