Under the direction of the Collector of Revenue, the Tax and Water/Sewer Divisions have the following duties:
- Assignment of liens
- Certifies tax searches
- Conducts tax sales on delinquent properties
- Handles judgments rendered by County and State
- Keeps records up to date on mortgage company changes and changes of owners in the Water/Sewer division
- Prepares corrected bills for both tax and water/sewer customers
- Receives and collects taxes and water/sewer payments
- Renders tax and water/sewer bills
- Submits listings of refunds to Accounts Payable when over-payments occur
- Submits monthly financial reports to the Director of Finance
In addition to the above, this office also is responsible for the licensing of all animals (PDF) in East Brunswick and keeps track of food establishment license renewals each year.
Payment Due Dates
Tax payments are due quarterly: February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1, with a ten day grace period. As long as tax payments are received in the tax office on the 10th day of the quarter due, there will be no penalty. Postmarks are not accepted as date of receipt.
The Water/Sewer Division sets up all final water meter reading and water meter exchanges.
Permits & Forms
Demolition permits are granted by the Tax Collector after all approvals by the Construction Department and any outstanding water/sewer and taxes have been paid.
The Tax Division is responsible for Senior Citizen PD-5 Form (PDF) concerns.
Tax and Water/Sewer bills can be paid by bank draft after an ACH Authorization Form (PDF) has been rendered to the Revenue Department.