Tax Payment Options
State Tax Relief Programs
For information about State Property Tax Relief Programs, including eligibility criterion and potential deduction or credit amounts and information related to Senior Freeze Program (Property Tax Reimbursement), Homestead Benefit Program, Deductions, Exemptions and Abatements and Property Tax Assessment Appeals, please visit the Division of Taxation’s website at https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/relief.shtml
Payment Due Dates
Tax payments are due quarterly: February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1, with a ten day grace period. As long as tax payments are received in the tax office on the 10th day of the quarter due, there will be no penalty. Postmarks are not accepted as date of receipt.
Pay by Bank ACH Direct Withdrawal
You are able to pay your property tax and/or water & sewer utility bills using ACH Direct Withdrawal directly from your bank account FREE of charge. Complete the Authorization Agreement for ACH Direct Withdrawals form. Completed forms must be received by email, USPS, overnight mail or in the Municipal Building outside mail box no later than 15 days before the due date. Once you submit the form payments will be automatically deducted from your bank account on every subsequent due date.
Pay Taxes and / or Water / Sewer Utility Bills On Line
You can make a tax, water/sewer payment by Electronic Check or by Debit / Credit card.
- If paying by Electronic Check the convenience fee is $1.95
- If paying by Debit or Credit Card the fee will be 2.95% of the total amount paid. Note this fee can be substantial.
Click make payment and input the required data and follow the instructions.
The Water/Sewer Division sets up all final water meter reading and water meter exchanges.
Permits & Forms
Demolition permits are granted by the Tax Collector after all approvals by the Construction Department and any outstanding water/sewer and taxes have been paid.
The Tax Division is responsible for Senior Citizen PD-5 Form (PDF) concerns.
Tax and Water/Sewer bills can be paid by bank draft after an Authorization Agreement for ACH Direct Withdrawals(PDF) has been rendered to the Revenue Department.
In addition to the above, this office also is responsible for the licensing of all animals (PDF) in East Brunswick and keeps track of food establishment license renewals each year.
Tax Collector Duties
Under the direction of the Collector of Revenue, the Tax and Water/Sewer Divisions have the following duties:
- Assignment of liens
- Certifies tax searches
- Conducts tax sales on delinquent properties
- Handles judgments rendered by County and State
- Keeps records up to date on mortgage company changes and changes of owners in the Water/Sewer division
- Prepares corrected bills for both tax and water/sewer customers
- Receives and collects taxes and water/sewer payments
- Renders tax and water/sewer bills
- Submits listings of refunds to Accounts Payable when over-payments occur
- Submits monthly financial reports to the Director of Finance