Welcome to the Department on Aging's website. Here you will find information about the vast array of programs, services and activities available. The Department is here to help you and yours age successfully. Our goal is to help our older residents maintain their dignity and independence.
If you have a concern about an East Brunswick senior, please call our office at 732-390-6896 to speak to one of our knowledgeable counselors.
The Department is also responsible for the very active Senior Center. The building, located next to the library, has the following amenities:
- Art room
- Comfortable areas for socializing
- Computer room
- Game room with pool and ping pong tables
- A large multipurpose room
We also have a sunny cafe where the chef serves delicious hot lunches and sandwiches and soup daily. Please join us if you are 60 or older and a resident of East Brunswick.
Membership is free of charge so we encourage you to please visit, have a tour and get involved. There is something for everyone!
Opportunities for Activities
The following are just some of the opportunities that you can take advantage of that will help you remain physically, mentally, and socially active:
- Discussion and support groups
- Educational and arts programs
- Health, fitness and wellness programs
- Information and assistance
- Inter-generational programs
- Life long learning
- Opportunities to meet new friends
- Our delicious and economical cafe lunches
- Personal services
- Public benefit counseling
- Social and recreational activities
- Special event parties and luncheons
- Transportation services
- Volunteer opportunities
We hope to see you at 3 Jean Walling Civic Center and look forward to meeting you.