Welcome to the Department on Aging’s website. Here you will find information about the vast array of programs, services and activities available for residents 60+ years of age. The Department is here to help you and yours age successfully. Our goal is to help our aging residents maintain their dignity, independence, and quality of life.
If you are interested in volunteering with our East Brunswick Senior Meals Program between the hours of 11:30 am-1:00 pm, please contact Judi Ryan, Meals Coordinator/Assistant Director, EB Dept. on Aging at 732-390-6809.
If you have a concern about an East Brunswick elder, please call our office at 732-390-6896 to speak to one of our knowledgeable professionals.
The Department is also responsible for the very active "Senior" Center. The building, located next to the library, has the following amenities:
- Art/Craft room
- Cafe with coffee/tea available daily
- Comfortable and intimate areas for socializing
- Computer room
- Game room with pool and ping pong tables
- A large multipurpose room
- Outdoor patio and pavilion area with a bocce court and corn hole
Membership is free of charge so we encourage you to please visit, have a tour and get involved. There is something for everyone! Please join us if you are 60 or older and a current resident of East Brunswick.
Opportunities for Activities
The following are just some of the opportunities that you can take advantage of that will help you remain physically, mentally, and socially active:
- Discussion and support groups
- Educational and arts programs
- Health, fitness and wellness programs
- Information and assistance
- Inter-generational programs
- Life long learning
- Opportunities to meet new friends
- Public benefit counseling
- Social and recreational activities
- Special event parties and luncheons
- Transportation services
- Volunteer opportunities
We hope to see you at 3 Jean Walling Civic Center and look forward to meeting you.