11/4/2012 - FEMA Disaster Assistance Information
FEMA DISASTER ASSISTANCE INFORMATION
If you sustained losses or damage from Hurricane Sandy, you may be eligible for disaster aid.
FEMA representatives are in the township assessing the damage to the Township. They encouraged all residents impacted by the storm to register for assistance by calling FEMA. This program is open to anyone from the Township who sustained losses or damage from Hurricane Sandy. Residents should call now to get an assigned case number.
One of several programs is the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP). It is a food assistance program with no income eligibility.
You can call to apply: 1-800-621-3362
TTY number: 1-800-462-7585
Apply online at: www.disasterassistance.gov
Smartphone at: m.fema.gov
When you apply for disaster assistance please have the following available:
• Social Security Number (including your spouse’s)
• Private insurance information, if available
• Address and zip code of the damaged property
• Directions to the damaged home or property
• Daytime telephone number
• A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message
• An address where you can get mail
• If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent with your bank account type (savings/checking), account number and routing number